March 03, 2011

Ombre and The Gimp

First things first, Happy birthday to my cute SIL Andrea!!!  Considering it's close to 11:00 pm, I wanted to give her a shout-out rather than call her and wake the likely sleeping baby.
 
I didn't know what the word ombre meant until my hair stylist used the word to define what I was describing.  I showed her this picture,  (picture via D, we are super huge L.C. fans around here, and my sister knew exactly where to go when I told her I wanted the "melting" look. ) and so my hair stylist did exactly just that with my hair.  She really is a miracle worker, every time I tell her what I want, she gets my hair to do just that.  If only she were available every morning around 6 am, life would be bliss.  I said goodbye to my nasty zeebra looking roots and hello to my hott "melting" roots.  
The ends still have tons of blond, which I love, but the top doesn't look zeebra-y. 


And just for the record, my hair is getting longer.  I keep thinking it is NOT growing because I know for certain that my hair doesn't grow past my shoulders, it doesn't think it's possible or something like that.  I am trying to retrain its thoughts by taking multi-vitamins, but I don't know if it's working.  And Brooke, the greatest hairstlyist ever known, a.k.a. my hair stylist, told me again today my hair is getting long. (You have to understand long for me, is much different than long for someone else.)  I didn't believe her but then Caleb reminded me of this picture and the emotional day I had once upon a time where I literally chopped all of my hair off, I cried...


Moving on... meet Mr. Gimp.  Caleb and I were just talking a few weeks ago about how we have worked hard our entire marriage to try and always have medical benefits.  (I knew for certain that if we ever dropped our benefits, we would get pregnant that day, and I would be super stressed because I strongly believe timing is everything and plus babies cost a pretty penny without benefits.  Me plus stress equals huge mess.)  In fact, up until I got a teaching job, it seemed like most of our paychecks went towards benefits(JetBlue, not to name names or anything), and they were benefits that we never used.  Knock.on.wood. I should've known we cursed ourselves with that stupid conversation.   Here we are a few weeks later and we have since paid five co-pays (and become "frequent-flyers" at the Instacare, exact words of the receptionist) in the last seven days for various things.  But now more than ever, I am so grateful that we have paid every single month for the dang benefits, because things have happened and finally I feel like it's payback time.  Things such as Caleb trying to beat up his friends,  which caused a major carpet burn, which then got infected, which then led to a major staph infection, which then led to me thinking Caleb's leg would soon be chopped off.   Don't worry, it has not been detached yet.  Then Caleb got the marvelous idea of wanting to run blind on the treadmill.  Brilliant right?  He took one step which led to him landing flat on his butt, flying off the treadmill, which then caused his leg to get caught in between the wall and the belt, which led to a huge burn on his ankle, which then made the Staph. infection super happy because it had that much more room to grow.  I'm sure you all wanted to hear that.  But wait there's more, Caleb was being super nice despite me being really ornery and he took it upon himself to demolish the garbage truck sized box the treadmill came in.  A few stomps on the box later and Caleb landed on his hand with his arm locked in place causing his radial head bone to be crushed.  Ouch!!!  Suddenly our $1,000 dollars off on the treadmill sale isn't so sweet anymore, j.k.  I love my treadmill, I treat it like it's my baby just so ya know.  (And according to brother dr., you're more likely to break a bone if you land with your arm straight rather than bent, so word of advice... bend your arm!!!) but still I thought there was no way in heck that my husband's king-kong sized bones could/would ever break...  Yep I was wrong.  Caleb:1, Me:0.  In fact I had zero sympathy for Caleb when it happened, and he knows it too, remember I was ornery.  It was a bad weekend.   So we meant with a good ol' orthopedist who said we should say our prayers and hope Caleb's bone heals properly otherwise we know what he'll be doing with his spring break.  So fun.  
So here's the hott cast with my even hotter husband.  


And one last thing, because my Grandma went home to finally be with Grandpa again this past weekend, we are reminiscing about her life this coming weekend.  Which means the Ohioners are flying in.  Can you say freaking Wahoo!!!!!  I can't even tell you the last time my entire family was sitting in the same room... Remember this picture???!!!


I get to do this again... but this time she'll look more like this...

Lucky freakin' me.


More about the most loving, funny, amazing grandma later.



4 comments:

Ehales said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma! But Elliot and I were nearly in tears laughing about Caleb. It sounds exactly like him. We can't wait to see you guys this summer!

Katie said...

1- Your hair looks great! 2- Ben told me about Caleb and I couldn't imagine how bad that had to hurt! Giant guys like our husbands should not land like that!

Erin said...

I love your Hair!!! You are BEAUTIFUL!! Caleb cracks me up, I hope his arm heals well and soon:)

Kyle and Ashley Musgrove said...

I REALLY CAN'T BELIEVE HOW LONG YOUR HAIR IS!! You are Beautiful!! and WE BETTER GET TOGETHER SOON!!!!!!!!