February 21, 2011

Christmas is too far away...

Pretty much my husband rocks. 
Tonight I didn't have to pack extra clothes for the gym after work tomorrow because Caleb came home with this today....  (I think my English teacher taught me that that the words tonight, tomorrow, and today should not be used in the same sentence, but you get the vibe.)

(And yes 95% of the time I wear gym clothes to work, but due to the fact that it's 9 million degrees plus one inside Gold's, I change into clothes that aren't exactly jr. high gym teacher appropriate.)
Which means when my alarm goes off at 5 am, I get to walk right down the hall to the next bedroom and pound out my run.  Caleb knows me too well, and he knew that there was no way I could wait until Christmas to get this precious baby.  All he's heard about for the past while is this dang treadmill, so when he saw it was discounted quite a bit for the holiday, he came up with a plan, one that scored him extra big bonus points in the husband department. 

Caleb was trying so hard to be all cute and surprise me but I wasn't having any of it.  He walked in with a new water bottle and said it would come in handy for my new treadmill. I didn't believe him for one second that he actually went and bought me a treadmill.  I laughed in a not so humorous way and told him I didn't appreciate him trying to be funny and play a cruel joke on me.  My bad for not being very nice. 

I finally caught on and understood him when he asked if he could borrow my dad's truck to go pick something up.  And I couldn't be more excited!! 

This treadmill freaking rocks... Thanks to I fit live and google maps, I can pretend to wake up in Paris and run the streets of Paris, or I can even run Heartbreak Hill in Boston and watch the course while the treadmill adjusts to the intensity of the course.   And the best part, the treadmill doesn't time out after an hour which means I don't have to start all over on my time and mileage.  Beat that Golds... no bitter feelings towards you at all.  Your days are over and our friendship is being replaced starting tomorrow.

P.S.   That Caleb of mine is quite the guy, it was his birthday last week but yet I'm the one who is getting spoiled.  Thanks babe!!!

9 comments:

Coil Fam said...

Shame on you for not believing Caleb...then again, I understand what a tease he can be. I am so excited you don't have to go to the gym which means less time getting ready everyday, which means you can be back home even faster. Pretty cool that you get to run around the Eiffel tower.

Unknown said...

Congrats Lauren!! I have seen commercials for that treadmill, it looks like so much fun! Great Job Caleb!

Sarah said...

Will you let me try it out sometime? Caleb told me all about it - it sounds awesome!

Jessie Gold Price said...

Lauren! That is so cool! When is your marathon? :)

Rachel said...

Super jealous!

Sophie Weber said...

That is AWESOME! I am super jealous! One day maybe...Nice work to Caleb!

Luke and Andrea said...

Fun Fun Fun! Congratulations!

Madison Joy said...

Where is his gift? Huh? That is AWESOME Lala!
Love Maddie

The Sohm's said...

Ahhh that is such a crazy story!! I am so sorry:( Hope calebs arm gets better quick!