July 11, 2011

I wait all year for the 4th...

If there's one day in the year that I seriously know how to "live it up", it's definitely the 4th.
And if there's one holiday that completely deserves a double x-l long post, this one is it and I didn't disappoint.
I freaking love everything about the holiday.  
I especially love fast and testimony meeting during the month of July. (I'll never forget how Sarah Stelter hit it home for me this year.)
I love taking the time to think about what freedom and being American really means.  thank you chris. 
I love waking up to run an early race, cheering at the parade for who knows what just to get that one piece of taffy, barbecuing and pooling it in the afternoon, playing and acting as though no one is watching as the sun slowly fades into the dimness of the night, the anticipation for the first big boom and lit sky, the smell of smoke in the air (yep I really just said that), and of course the grand finale- the kind that in this case the city of Bay Village spent way too much money on- but was well appreciated.
Really though, I.freaking.love.all.of.it.
It's on cold long winter days that I dream and wish about the 4th.
So when it's here, I kind of feel like it's deja vu, the entire day, and I hate it when the day comes to a close.
This year was especially fun.  
Caleb and I flew to Ohio again.
Nothing beats fireworks over the lake and chasing cute kiddos who we definitely don't get to see enough of.
And extra bonus, Andy had the entire week off to entertain us, or more like make fun of someone just because they forgot how to spell the word rink. Oh wait who won that Qwiddler game?! That's what I thought.

Playing and waiting for that first big boom.  Totally feel so lucky that we got a group shot.


A NORMAL picture of the chief and me.  Say what?!!  Yep, normal, it is possible.
I seriously love my brother so much and feel like it's an honor to claim him as such.  I loved being introduced at church as Andy's little sis.
Maybe one day I'll be half as cool, kind, wise, loving, hard-working, super-heroish (any person who saves other people's lives on a daily basis should be called a super hero right?) and funny as he is.



Love her.
Can we please be neighbors?!  No more of this 2,000 miles away crap.  Texas needs doctors too.


And we had fun attempting to get a picture of me and all the spunkiness that surrounded us for 6 days.
 Notice how Caleb rocked it on the face painting this year.


Hottness. end of story.


And even more hottness.
It boggles my mind that we are standing in front of a lake, not an ocean.
Caleb thought Jaws was going to be in full-attack mode any moment because the lake is just that big.
And we decided that lakes in Utah are way too over-rated and should be called puddle hoppers.



Marin.  Couldn't get enough of her.
And please don't ever burn your fingers again.  Your mom and I might just have a heart attack.


We loved us some beach time and humidity time.  And Tessa and Carlee loved them some mermaid time.


I love summer nights.  The feel of being content and knowing that life is good.  Porter feels the same way, especially when Caleb is around. 



And it ain't no 4th of July without some funnel cake loving, horse riding, money wasting, carnival sporting, good time.   


I loved this trip.  It was the perfect summer recipe.  
Caleb is still wishing Tessa could've been our lap child on our flight home.  She has a good time telling Caleb your mom jokes.  We forget that she's just two.  
Buffalo wild wings, Quiddler, Settlers, and the food was a hit, just like always.  
Thanks Andy, Shay, Porter, Tessa, Carlee and Marin for adding the perfect week to our summer.
And yes I'm already counting the days til next year's 4th.
Proud to be American are we. 

3 comments:

Coil Fam said...

I am SO jealous, but then again, we were having a blast back here in UT, too. Next year, did I just say that...NEXT YEAR, let me say it one more time and a little bit louder, NEXT YEAR, Ohio will be here and we will have one grand 4th with all the trimmings. Your main picture is awesome, way to go Shay. And it definitely touches this mother's heart to see 2 of her kiddos together in one picture, especially a pic of Andy without him pulling a Tessa face. Amazing!

Shay said...

Love the post, thanks for all the wonderful things you said and for the great memories. You will never know what it means to us that you come here. Today it was just POrter and I for a bit and I asked him what the best part of his summer was so far and he said that you and Caleb came. Love you both. Best 4th ever!

Chelsea said...

Lauren, your hair is SO LONG! And your pictures are so bright and pretty. It looks like you had an awesome 4th!