May 15, 2011

365 times 3

caleb and i celebrated three years.
i will never forget the first time i saw caleb- i had major butterflies and became a true believer in love at first sight.
i wanted him so bad.
apparently caleb wanted me too, so thanks to his friend's smart thinking, caleb's keys were chucked at me and we exchanged numbers.
i then went on a date with the man of my dreams and thought about him every second of every day.
we went and saw pick-a-dilly-cowboy and kissed, and i was head over heels. 
i started skipping class for this crazy boy- something my mom couldn't ever get me to do on days "she was bored" when i was in high school.
i cut myself from the track team, cuz suddenly, hanging out with a cute boy was way cooler than running for three hours everyday.
we bought air soft guns, went on slurpee runs, hiked the Y, dressed up as if we were going to the prom-only to find out we weren't (thanks elliot and danny), sat hand-in-hand at general conference, cooked dinner together, became a frequent visitor of "the park", tripple-dog-dared each other to do the stupidest things, danced in the moonlight under the stars, sang our hearts out to "You have Stolen My Heart" by Dashboard over and over with the windows rolled down, stayed up way too late, hiked the hot springs, cheered proudly at the BYU football games, told stories of our past, had fun living in the moment, dreamed about our future, and best of all, fell in love! 
never in my life had i wanted anything more than for him to be mine.
after a year of dating, the stars aligned, and my fairytale wish came true.
had i known then, what i know now, i would've wanted him even more, and that is something i didn't think was possible.
may 1, 2008, he became mine for forever.
and because of all this, i am the luckiest.
we celebrated by going to vegas, again.


escaping just the two of us is the best thing ever- even if all we do is master the art of sleeping and eating.
caleb even figured out the best time to go to the buffet... 
10:30. you can get your fill of breakfast food, then if you wait long enough, they will bring the lunch food out and you can eat lunch in the same sitting.  we definitely worked the system.  and i'm pretty sure we both ate enough calories to not eat for an entire year.  gotta love vegas buffets. 
caleb is beyond the best husband i could've ever dreamed up.
he makes me dinner (more than i make him dinner), never misses a friday night date night, works super hard in school (15 credits of engineering this semester often turned into a 60 hour week for him), listens to me, gives the best advice, makes me laugh all the time, makes me feel safe, helps me clean, lets me buy another pair of running shoes just because they're pink, wins the favorite uncle award every sunday, will one day, hands down, make the best dad in the world, and my most favorite thing...
he loves me no matter what.
i thank my lucky stars everyday that he is mine.
and here's one picture from the special day.
it's not the best picture from the day, but in a way, it's one of my favorites because we were so happy... and it shows in this picture.
and that happiness continues to grow more and more each year.
happy three to us!
love ya babe!

6 comments:

Matt and Brooke said...

Yay!! happy 3 years!! You guys are so cute!

Rachel said...

Congrats you two! Wow, where does the time go?

Joni and Rico Adams said...

Congrats on three years! I didn't know we got married so close together. We are celebrating 4 years today :)

Coil Fam said...

Sweet post and sweet memories. I knew right away that Caleb was your guy. You called me the first time you met him and I could hear the magic in your voice. I love how much he loves you, too.

Unknown said...

This post is so sweet. How wonderful to have such a beautiful love story! My sister Betsy loves buffets but I don't know if she has ever tried that 10:30 trick. It sounds pretty smart to me : )

Sophie Weber said...

I know its a little late.. but Happy 3 years! I loved reading this because it took me back to living with you when you started dating him!