July 27, 2010

mr. creative and such

Pretty much my husband rocks.....

Because he made this....




It's the deathstar from Star Wars. Jackson is a lucky boy to have an uncle bake a cake for him. And I am a lucky girl to be married to the kind of guy who would spend an evening baking a cake for his nephew. :)




Jackson loved it. Sarah also baked him a cake so that lucky boy had 2 cakes just for him on his birthday.

I've said it a billion times before and I'll say it a million more. Caleb will make a great dad. Seriously I scored big in the "father of my future children" department. We were lucky enough to babysit cute Amelia for a night. We loved it and so did she. Caleb adores her. Caleb had the grand idea to take Amelia to Antelope Island.




Caleb loved it (the island) so much that he wanted to take the Tyler's back for the day when we were lucky to babysit them as well. Poor Abbie stepped in a sink hole type thing and got her whole shoe covered in great salt lake mud. Oh man, talk about a distinctive smell, a smell that only something like the Great Salt Lake could produce. But we still had a grand time searching for buffalo, watching the kids rope, feeding the chickens, and listening to Caleb's crazy stories about that island.
I love this picture of Preston, Madi, Abbie and Luke. They are so much fun to be around and always know how to make Caleb and me laugh.




Caleb got a great shot of Abbie doing her thing. The thing that she did so naturally, roping that is. I was much impressed by this cute cowgirl.






And I love Luke on his tippy-toes trying sooo hard.



My heart longs for the day when our kids will be in these pictures and Caleb and I can love our own kids as much as we do our nieces and nephews. But for now we'll keep on enjoying the magic that happens when we spend our days around these fun, cute, loving little ones who fill our lives with happiness.
-Peace, Mr. Creative, and the kiddos.

3 comments:

Shay said...

Sweet Caleb!! We need to do a business together!! Forget school, move here and we'll get started. I agree, Caleb is the greatest. We miss you guys!!

Coil Fam said...

Awesome! We are all lucky to have Caleb in the fam. And I agree, he will bean amazing dad. Great pictures too!

Erin said...

That is the coolest cake ever! Caleb you have some real talent! That is such a sweet post, your right Caleb is going to make an amazing father and you are going to be the BEST mom ever! I just can't wait to meet your beautiful little kiddos and spoil them the way the you spoil my kids:) Love you!