November 06, 2011

Great Friends!

DSC_0029 by lauren.kay.perkins
Halloween weekend was celebrated with some of our great friends. Sam and Penny Yarbrough invited us up to the Yarbrough Manor at Fish Lake. Until we actually got there I, Caleb, didn't think it existed because Sam always conveniently invited me when I couldn't go. :) But this time we were able to go and it was awesome! We got to catch up with the Wangsgard's as we carpooled together. It is always great being around Dave and Sarah, except for when Dave thinks I'm hitting on his wife. I can totally see why he would be intimidated by me though, so I can blame him, hahaha. Anyways, we also go to see the McKinley's who we haven't seen for ages! It was so fun to see their son Maximus Primus and their baby girl Avery. They have such an awesome family and I am very jealous of them. I got to entertain Max during breakfast the first morning by throwing grapes as high as I could and catch them in my mouth. Max loved it, but what he loved even more was when I taught him to throw grapes at his Dad :), I need someone to pick on Danny when I'm not there. Oh and there is a beautiful stream that flows right past the cabin and so Max always wanted to go and see it and I would walk out there with him and this is one of the pictures I got of him. It was mid smile. He was frowning when I told him to smile, and then I was trying to make him laugh and caught the transition face. Oh well, he is still a very cute kid. Good job Jessie! 

 Max by lauren.kay.perkins

We had a lot of fun playing Quiddler, having Ticket to Ride tournaments (luckily Jessie didn't win any of these, I think she lost her edge), and Penny surprised us with a Micheal Jackson dancing game for the Wii. Surprisingly Dave was pretty good at this. Even when it wasn't his turn he was off in the corner practicing his moves so he could compete with Danny and Penny. Sam on the other hand was the same old Sam who loves to dance no matter if the game tells him he is good or not. (just playin cowboy.)

The guys were able to get away here and there and play some fuseball. I have to admit that I was a charity case in that game and that Dave was kind enough to accept me as his teammate. Danny is abnormally awesome at fuseball, Dave is an awesome defender, and Sam would just rock my face on offense. We had a tournament with fuseball and Dave and I ended up loosing the last game after many great comebacks.

Lastly, we got to go out on the lake and do a little fishing in the freezing cold weather. I guess there is a part of the lake where the mountain dips and it is called the saddle. Sam said we would catch some fish there and Dave was able to catch a humongous 10" rainbow trout. Unfortunately we threw it back in and didn't eat it.

It was such an awesome weekend to just relax and enjoy the company of many great friends we have made. Thanks Sam and Penny for putting that together. We love you guys.

This past weekend Lauren and I finally hung out with our long lost friends Billy and MacKenzie who just got back from Houston, Texas a year ago and decided they wanted to hang out :). It was so fun! We went to Zupas and then did what we do best, just talk the night away. We were able to catch up on their lives in Houston and they convinced us even more that Texas would be a great place for the future Perkins' family. It is always great when you can have friends that you don't see for over 2 years and pick up like you just saw them yesterday.

We played the game Quiddler with them, which is like a scrabble card game, and I ended up loosing by a lot because I challenged the word "zoon" and lost quite a few points. Besides me loosing again, it was a lot of fun!

Also we hung out with Trent and Erica who are hilarious. They have an awesome house, and an even more awesome dog! Bry is a boxer and is two years old and absolutely cut! His muscles bulge everywhere and so Bry, the dog, has inspired me to start working out a little more. Let's see if that happens :) We hung out at their house talking and wrestling with Bry.  Lauren learned what a boat that paddles is called, a paddle boat :). After talking for a bit we went to go see Moneyball which turned out to be a pretty good movie.  I might just watch an inning of baseball now.

Anyways, we are very grateful to have the friends that we do.  Anywhere we go we can count on great friends to be there.  Hopefully we can be friends until we're 50, then from there on who knows :) right Dave.

1 comment:

MacKenzie said...

You guys are so fun! It was so much fun to FINALLY get together with you guys. Thanks so much for coming down. We love seeing you. Let's get together again soon!